I find this kind of photography to be extremely dramatic and emotional. Usually when a picture is in color tone, it gives you a vivid image of how something truly is. Even if edited, color pictures convey much more emotions than do black and white pictures. However, the fact I most like about black and white pictures is that they always display a more dramatic and pensive scene than do color pictures. And even at times, this kind of photography provides a lot more emotive responses than do any color picture.
What do you prefer, color or black and white? Do you think these pictures typically produce more emotions to the viewer than do color pictures? Why or why not?
4 comments:
Daniel, as a personaly opinion, I pictures in black and white. On the complete opposite side of your argument, I tend to see that black & white photos in some cases show more emotion due to the fact of the abcense of color. Just like that picture of the Great Depression we saw in class. If that photo was colored it would not give of the same emotions. I love pictures without color, but then again its my personal opinion.
Black and white pictures really showcase many emotions. They capture the setting much more than color pictures. I think this is because your attention is focused on the picture, the person, or the object and their emotion more than the background of where they are. I love black and white pictures!
I love black and white pictures. They provide a completely different feeling than color pictures. They are harder to make, specially when you draw, therefore its more dramatic.
I find this question to be a little bit compromising now that you are asking your question if there needs to be a side chosen. Despite the setting and in the situation that the picture was taken in, the color always helps the picture with the emotion the picture is trying to portray. Then, if I was to choose, I would say that my preferences vary with each picture, so I must like both.
Post a Comment